Saturday, June 26, 2010

So after tearing out ALL of the plants from my back garden I am finally finished. It only took oh...2 MONTHS! We are on our way to having pretty flowers if only  I can remember to water... we won't talk about the flowers in the front yard. Well it's all done and now I can tell you how it all came together

About a 2 months ago I had the random idea to search Craigslist for "limestone" and was lucky enough to find an ad on the last day it was up there for a cattle ranch out by Eldorado. We made a trek there one saturday and with one blown out tire later we finally made it home with a ton of limestone.

Well after raiding Walmart yesterday I was able to find some great flowers and even some vegetable plants. Here is how it all turned out.






And here's a little close up action...





And after all of that prettiness I had to put something in that was actually useful other than just looking at it. So I put in some big and cherry tomato plants, bell pepper plants, and some cucumber and squash. That is what was left of them once Autumn was done with them.


So there you have it. A project that was bound to happen the day that we closed on our house 1-1/2 years ago and started 2-months ago. It is now finished!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice!

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

Your garden is beautiful! It turned out SO good! You guys did a wonderful job!!

Emily said...

Hey Tracie! I am using the Cabinet Transformations and the wood grain does show through a bit (ours is fake, so it's fake wood grain, too. lol, sooo classy). The box says to use a wood grain filler if you don't want the wood grain to show through.