Monday, June 14, 2010

Wow! I have been married an entire year now! How did that happen? Last night  after a blissful weekend we asked each other if you could go back and redo anything about our wedding what would it be?~ I didn't have anything. I am so glad and amazed with how wonderful it turned out that I could not think of one thing that I would do differently. Ben said he would just like to go back and relive the day, "It was alot of fun and I just want to go back and do it again."

I just can't believe that we didn't have everything come crashing down on us. Everything seemed to come out so smoothly, and I still can't remember how my bag for the wedding night ended up in our car. And NO ONE was stressed out! Everyone was very cool calm and collected and we all just had a great time. I will never understand why people just don't spend the money if you have it to be able to enjoy yourself. I wanted everyone including my family to have a great time. I am so lucky to have a great job that I can afford the ability to make that choice.

I just wanted to go back and look at some of the items that made that day absolutely perfect.

So first off is the most important part of the deal...THE DRESS!!! Any girl knows that the dress pretty much solidifies the tone of the ceremony. Everything always seems to be brought back to the dress. I wanted mine to be a little different than everyone elses. So first I went with GOLD! Being so pale white on white just wasn't the most flattering option. And I love that they are coming out with so many options these days.

I loved the back of the dress. And since that is what most of the people will be looking at when they're looking at me that seems to me to be a key factor. You can't really tell but what is joining the draped top to the lace bottom is a beautiful beaded flower pattern. But not like any tacky roses or anything, I think it was like a beaded lily pattern.


The front was awesome too. SO FLATTERING! Anybody who dogs on draping has not seen a well made dress. This dress made me look like a toothpick, which is never something to complain about. I loved the old time antique feel  of the lace and the moderness of everything else.

It was perfectly different than the other ballgowns I had seen too many of the summer prior.This set the stage for everything else at the wedding from the invites, to the cake, and everything in between. I was so amazed that this was the third dress I tried on.


No comments: