Sunday, September 27, 2009

Decorating for Fall

Well now that the air is getting crisp at night and the first day of fall has officially past I thought it was necessary to start adding some fallish decor to my home. After my recent visit to Pottery Barn where I got some inspiration I thought I could make them with things in my very own backyard.


This is a pic of a centerpiece Pottery Barn made with their artificial acorns. I figured why pay $14.00 for a bag of stuff I can find in my right behind my house. Well not really my backyard, but down the street and around the corner. But the trees belong to my neighborly HOA, and since I paid my dues this year it might as well be in my own backyard. Well here is my homemade version with a little help from the wonderful TJ Maxx & Walmart.


I found the vases for $3.99 for the smaller cylinders and $9.99 for the big guy at TJ Maxx, and $2.49 for each of the candles at Walmart. Everything else was FREE! You gotta love that!

Along with loving everything free, I thought this would be the perfect time to introduce our Gurtler + Home mascot. She loves leaves, especially when they're falling from the trees. She plays football non-stop. And she's the color of the changing leaves. Her name is AUTUMN!

This is our wonderful new cocker spaniel puppy. She has only been with us for a couple of weeks, but she has figured out that she has the reign of our house. We have to keep a close eye on her as she will haul off anything that is at her eye level. We just got her that bed today when we enrolled her in puppy school (somewhat as a bribe, but don't tell her that). Well there is a little update of what we've been up to in the Gurtler household. I hope you're enjoying the cool weather before you'll have to pull out the big and burly winter coats. It certainly is beautiful outside, so it might be a good time for a walk.

No comments: